Databases are computer structures that save, organize, protect and deliver data..
Types of DBMS:
- Text Database
- Desktop Database
- Relational Database management system
- Object-Oriented DataBase
Today our topic is RDBMS:
- A short definition of an RDMS may be a DBMS in which data is stored in the form of tables and the relationship among the data is also stored in the form of tables.
- E. F. Codd, the famous mathematician has introduced 12 rules for the relational model for databases commonly known as Codd’s rules.
- The rules mainly define what is required for a DBMS for it to be considered relational, I. e.., an RDMS.
- Integrity constraints
- Logical&physical Data independence
- High-level insert,Update,and Delete
- Access Database using a common language (SQL)
- Handling of null values
- Information Rule–All data is represented in only one way(Rows& Columns)
- Data must be accessible with no ambiguity
- Oracle product of oracle corporation
- IBM DB2 product of IBM
- Microsoft SQL server product of Microsoft
- Mysql product of oracle
- Sybase product of SAP
- Red Hat Linux
- Suse Linux
RDBMS–Client Server Architecture:
ORACLE DATABASE SERVER:
Gets file requests from clients sends files to clients receives files back from clients.
- Client A(User1): Sends SQL requests to the server, Receives files from the server, Updates data, Sends files back to the server.
- Client B( User2): Sends SQL requests to the server, Receives files from the server, Updates data, Sends files back to Server.
- Data in the Database is stored in the form of rows and columns in the tables.
- Tables are the objects created inside the datafiles
- Databases are the collection of multiple data files.
Datatypes of SQL:
- Binary integer: The binary integer datatype to store signed integers.
- Date: Date datatype to store fixed-length datetimes
- Long: The long data type to store variable-length character strings. The long data type is like the varchar2 datatype, except that the maximum size of the long value is 32760 bytes.
- NChar: To store multi-byte fixed-length character data. It’s the same as char only difference is it is used to store characters of different languages like Japanese, Chinese, etc..
- No of Characters it can be stored depend on language.
- Binary large object: A column or variable of type BLOB can store up to 4GB of binary data in each record.
- Character large object: A column or variable of type CLOB can store up to 4GB of character data in each record.
- BFILE: It can store a file of size 4GB externally outside the database for each record and can refer to that from inside the database.
IMPORTANT POINTS (LOB):
- The column or variable of this type can be accessed only using an Oracle package DBMS_LOB.
- This should be used only if required to store a large amount of data in each record of a table.
- You should avoid making unnecessary use of lobs.
2021 Batch Jobs5 months ago
TCS NQT for 2021 Batch | Exam Date | Exam Pattern | Recruitment Process | Selection Process | TCS Ninja 2021
Bangalore Fresher Jobs10 months ago
GE Healthcare Hiring Software Developer Intern in Bangalore
2019 Batch Jobs9 months ago
TCS NextStep Registration 2020 For Freshers | B.E/B.Tech/BCA/MCA/M.E/M.Tech | Across India
Fresher Jobs10 months ago
Zycus Off-Campus Walk-in drive 2020
Bangalore Fresher Jobs9 months ago
CommScope Hiring QA Engineer in Bangalore for Freshers and Experienced
Fresher Jobs10 months ago
Globex Digital Solutions Internship Program For Python Web Developers
Android Developer Jobs10 months ago
Carousell Hiring Software Engineer Freshers
Experienced Jobs9 months ago
WNS Hiring For Manual Tester