HISTORY OF PYTHON
Python laid its foundation in the late 1980’s. Implementation of python was started in 1989 by Guido Van Rossum. In 1994, python 1.0 was released with new features like maps, lambda, filter and reduce, python 2.0 added new features such as list comprehensions, garbage collected systems. Python was influenced by ABC Language, modula3.0 .
WHAT IS PYTHON?
It is a general purpose, dynamic ,high-level, and interpreted language. It supports OOP approach to develop applications. It makes the development and debugging fast because of no compilation involved in development. It is multipurpose programming language because it can be used in web development, data science, 3D CAD.
According to stack overflow survey, python is the fastest major growing programming language, python is the most loved and wanted from 2018.
- Easy to learn
- Expressive language
- Interpreted language
- Cross platform
- Free and open source
- OOP language
- Large standard libraries
- GUI programming support
KEYWORDS IN PYTHON:
Keywords are reserved words of python, Keywords cannot be used as variables or functions, Keywords are case-sensitive.
eg; False, Class, Finally, Is, Return, Continue etc….
Identifiers are names given to function ,variables,class.
RULES OF WRITING IDENTIFIERS:
- Identifiers can be combination of lower case(a-z),upper case(A-Z),numbers(0-9),underscore(_).
- Identifiers should not start with numbers.
- Don’t use any keywords as identifiers.
RULES FOR TO MAKE OTHER DEVELOPER TO EASILY UNDERSTAND CODE:
- Try to write identifier with length greater than 5.
- Never write single or double characters as identifiers.
- Use underscore if it is long identifier.
- Use camelCase whenever necessary.
- Don’t use temp,tmp variables until it is really temporary variable.
Variables are used to store information , which can be used across the program. Variables cane be changed across the program, it is like a name to the location where data/value is stored. In python,declaring and initializing of variables is done at same time.
” everything in python is object”
- Integers: 1,2….
- Float: 1.0,1.2…
- Complex : a+bi
We can use ‘ , ” “, ” ” “
eg: aname = ‘python programming’ bname=”scalar programming”, cname=””” hadoop administration”””
- List contains set of elements
- Elements can be set of elements or strings or any combination
- List elements are defined in [ ]
- We can update any element in the list
- eg: list=[10,20,30,40]
- Tuple contains set of elements
- Elements can be set of numbers or strings or any combination
- Tuple elements are defined in( )
- Inside tuple we cannot modify any element directly’
- we can modify an element in tuple by converting it into the list
- eg: (10,20,30)
- Dictionary contains elements in key value pairs
- Dictionary elements are defined in
- Key is used to uniquely identify the values
- Keys : number or string
- Values: number or string or list or tuple or dictionary
- eg: Book=“chap1″:10,”chap2”:20
Unordered collection of unique elements of same type is called as set.set elements are defined in
” A PERSON WHO FIXED A PROBLEM THAT YOU DON’T KNOW YOU HAVE ,IN A WAY YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND”
FUNCTIONS AND METHODS:
METHODS: Methods are object specific. Every object has its own different methods ,string methods are different ,list methods are different. Every method is accessed by “,” operator.
FUCNTIONS: Functions are common for all objects.
eg: print(), len()
- if else
- if -elif-elif-else
There are two types of files:
- Flat files : csv,txt are opened directly
- Third party files:All files ending with .docx/doc ,pdf are opened with some third party libraries
Handling the errors in the runtime is known as exception handling.
There are two types of libraries.
- Built-in libraries: Used by everyone ,installed within python by default.http://www.python os documentation
- Third party libraries: Depending on the requirement developer has to use third party library from http://www.pypi.org
“YOU MIGHT NOT THINK THAT PROGRAMMERS ARE ARTISTS,BUT PROGRAMMING IS AN EXTREMELY CREATIVE PROFESSION. ITS LOGIC-BASED CREATIVITY.”
The preceding content of this blog have been intended to give the reader an understanding way of python.
2021 Batch Jobs6 months ago
TCS NQT for 2021 Batch | Exam Date | Exam Pattern | Recruitment Process | Selection Process | TCS Ninja 2021
Bangalore Fresher Jobs11 months ago
GE Healthcare Hiring Software Developer Intern in Bangalore
2019 Batch Jobs10 months ago
TCS NextStep Registration 2020 For Freshers | B.E/B.Tech/BCA/MCA/M.E/M.Tech | Across India
Fresher Jobs11 months ago
Zycus Off-Campus Walk-in drive 2020
Fresher Jobs11 months ago
Globex Digital Solutions Internship Program For Python Web Developers
Bangalore Fresher Jobs10 months ago
CommScope Hiring QA Engineer in Bangalore for Freshers and Experienced
Android Developer Jobs11 months ago
Carousell Hiring Software Engineer Freshers
Experienced Jobs11 months ago
WNS Hiring For Manual Tester