The technology of sensing has a vast use. They are used in Robots and IoT devices.
- Do you know that there are many kinds of sensors, some of them are
- Temperature sensors
- Proximity sensor
- Light sensors, and so on.
- We use proximity in our smartphones.
- Sensing is an integral part of smart devices.
- But there are few other associated peripheral technologies as well.
- Above all, “sensing” is the key to IIoT and IoT.
- The full form of IIoT is the Industrial Internet of Things
- The full form of IoT is the Internet of Things.
What is Sensing or Sensor?
- “Sensor” the word itself suggests
sensessome physical quantity.
- It changes with the characteristic of the environment, but in which it is operating.
- The sensor and the processor.
- It is the transducer’s input.
- A combination of both is known as a transducer.
- The output of the sensor is a signal.
- It converts the output to some human-readable form. But the form can be different.
In other words, it detects the presence of a particular physical quantity.
Examples of Sensing:
- A temperature sensor is a device.
- It will sense the changes in the temperature of the environment.
- Changes in the
- current characteristics
- voltage characteristics
- capacitance and
- These are understandable by humans.
Points to note:
• A sensor performs some functions
- By sensing physical changes in the characteristic of a system.
- In response to some stimulus.
- These stimuli are the physical parameters.
- This stimulus can be a change in temperature.
- It can be a change in the gas present in the surroundings.
• For example, a gas sensor is a device that can sense the change in different gases.
There are various types of gas sensors such as :-
- Methane gas sensor
- Carbon dioxide sensor
- Carbon monoxide sensor
- Oxygen sensor
- All of these devices to sense the changes in the amount of a particular gas in the environment.
- Gas sensors monitor the presence of different gases in the environment.
- They are useful in many ways, such as mining and others.
• Methane sensors usually used in the mines during mining. It detects the increase in methane gas which is present in coal mines.
• These sensors come in different shapes and sizes. Some of them are macro-size sensors. But you could also have micro-sized sensors which are MEMs based sensors. Nano-sensors are also available for different purposes.
2021 Batch Jobs6 months ago
TCS NQT for 2021 Batch | Exam Date | Exam Pattern | Recruitment Process | Selection Process | TCS Ninja 2021
Bangalore Fresher Jobs11 months ago
GE Healthcare Hiring Software Developer Intern in Bangalore
2019 Batch Jobs10 months ago
TCS NextStep Registration 2020 For Freshers | B.E/B.Tech/BCA/MCA/M.E/M.Tech | Across India
Fresher Jobs11 months ago
Zycus Off-Campus Walk-in drive 2020
Fresher Jobs11 months ago
Globex Digital Solutions Internship Program For Python Web Developers
Bangalore Fresher Jobs10 months ago
CommScope Hiring QA Engineer in Bangalore for Freshers and Experienced
Android Developer Jobs11 months ago
Carousell Hiring Software Engineer Freshers
Experienced Jobs11 months ago
WNS Hiring For Manual Tester